Pancakes are an easy thing to make with kids, and are always a hit in my house. Kids can help measure and stir, and older kids can help while supervised at the stove. These pancakes are the perfect mix of fluffiness and deliciousness, and they are healthy as well! Add in whatever you like in your pancakes to make them your own!
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Make a well in the middle and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and milk together. Whisk in the brown sugar and yogurt until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined. Mix in any add-ins here. Do not overmix, lumps are good!!
4. Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat. Coat with oil or butter. Once hot, drop small amounts of batter on the griddle. Cook about one minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on sides or center. Flip and cook on other side until cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
5. Enjoy warm! Serve with syrup, whip cream, fruit, or whatever you like to eat on your pancakes!